Monday, June 23, 2014

Microwave Monday


It is time for one of my favorite days of the week .... Monday .... Microwave Monday to be precise. 
As a brief background before I met The Pampered Chef the only thing I used my microwave for was to heat leftovers, pop popcorn and heating the occasional hot chocolate. I thought a quick meal was a box of fishsticks in the oven and I called it good. Between processed freezer meals and drive through windows we managed to survive. In June of 2013 I had my RNY Gastric Bypass surgery and was constantly reminded that what I was feeding my children had little to no nutritional value and I needed to take charge and do something about it or risk them succumbing to the same fate as myself. I found The Pampered Chef as I researched Direct Sales Companies I might want to sign into and well TPC was tried and true. It had been around forever (PSA .... SORRY I REALLY DO HAVE A POINT THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE MICROWAVE IN ALL THIS! ) So I ordered my kit and held my open house. When my director came and we made a fresh healthy meal in less than 30 minutes using my Deep Covered Baker and the microwave I knew I was on to something life changing. Since that day it is rate that I even turn my oven on anymore but I cook a good dinner for my children 5/7 nights. 
Some of the things I make in my microwave using my Rock Crok or Deep Covered Baker. Spaghetti  - start to finish, pasta and all, Chicken Bruschetta Pasta, Chicken Fajitas, a whole chicken, ohhh and dare I mention the desserts like molten Chocolate lava cake ...just to name a few. So from now on for Microwave I will be including recipes cooked only in the microwave! My Microwave Monday tip for today is cooking pasta. So far I have made thin spaghetti, macaroni and Penni. I empty and entire package of pasta ... usually 1 lb in my RC or DCB and add 32 oz of chicken broth. I set the microwave for 9 minutes .... stir and cook 9 more minutes. DISCLAIMER .... every microwave is different. You may need to cook in 5 minute increments after the original 18.


No comments:

Post a Comment