Thursday, June 26, 2014

CELEBRATE IT SATURDAY!!!!

NSV = Non Scale Victory! Sand, Sun, Water and Tons of fun! I recently earned a trip to my Pampered Chef team retreat. I was so excited we were headed to Destin, Florida. THE BEACH?! I have avoided the beach for years well rather I enjoyed the beach from afar for a few reason's .... #1. Finding a swim suit for someone who weighs 365 lbs is not an easy task ... well it is downright nearly an impossible task and if I would have found one well lets just say you pay for the amount of fabric it takes to create it. #2. Walking on/in the sand was laborious. It was horrible and caused me to sound like I was going to keel over any second. At this point I should stop and tell you how very much I love the ocean. I love to hear it, I love to see it and I love to feel it. Growing up I spent a great deal of time around the ocean. Early on we enjoyed Galveston Beach in TX and my visits with my dad in California were some of my favorite memories. We rode our bikes to the beach daily and stayed for hours and hours until it was dark! My dad lived on a boat and so my summers were spent running around the marina barefoot on the hot docks. We lived on and in the ocean. So for about the last 16 years it was miserable to be miserable at the beach. Fast forward to June 9-11, 2014! Yes, I got in a bathing suit. Yes, I brought my beach towel, beach chair, sunscreen, magazines and with out so much as a "pant" we found our way to a spot by the ocean and for several hours soaked up the rays and I really really really enjoyed myself. Since then I have great plans to return with kids in tow. I am so excited by my new realized love! So very exicted! I am seeing the worth wile results of loosing 120lbs! I am living life. I mean really living life! Nothings gonna stop me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment